Okinawa American Association of New York
- Activity base
- North America(United States of America/State of New York)
- Okinawa American Association of New York About
Organization Overview ・Serving Okinawans and their families who live mainly in the five States of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
・The purpose of the Okinawa American Association of New York, Inc. is to cultivate mutual friendships among Okinawans and their families, other Kenjinkais and with American communities who respect our culture and traditions.
1. OAANY is a non-profit organization that will not engage in any political activities.
2. OAANY will conduct classes, seminars and workshops to promote educational opportunities in Okinawa history, culture and performing arts, and hold events with Okinawan themes.
3. OAANY will provide scholarships to the young generation in order to promote higher education. The family should be at least two years as member in the association.
4. OAANY will hold a General Meeting once a year to cultivate genuine long lasting friendships amongst the members.
5. OAANY will hold a Spring Party and a Picnic annually, and shall hold Get-Together meetings as needed.
- Okinawa American Association of New York Activity contents
Description ・Uchina Festival
Held in October 2017 for the first time and mainly organized by the younger generation to celebrate World Uchinanchu Day, to strengthen our connection, and to also raise funds. Provided Okinawan cuisine, drinks, games for children, dances, drums, Sanshin and Karate performances. We had a picnic at this time of the year.
Own scholarship program Yes
Provide scholarships to the young generation in order to promote higher education. The family should be at least two years as member in the association.
Exchange with other region None
number of times