Cuba Okinawa Yuko Kyokai
- Activity base
- Latin America(Republic of Cuba)
- Cuba Okinawa Yuko Kyokai About
Membership 190 people Established 2000 Chairperson Antonio Yohena de Oro (From 2000) Organization Overview ・According to Shige Minei, a person original from Ou in Tamagasuku, (talks dated August 16, 1999) there was no Okinawa Kenjinkai in the pre-war Cuba.
・In 2000, taking the opportunity that the Japanese immigration to Cuba celebrated its 100th anniversary, the association was established on August 6, 2000. At the time of its establishment, the population of Okinawan related people living there was about 200 which accounted for the 18% of the whole Japanese community, being the largest number in comparison with other regions of Japan.
・The objectives for the establishment were:
1. To promote friendship among its members.
2. To organize activities related to culture, welfare, assistance and charity.
Affiliated Org. None Related Org. None Publication None
- Cuba Okinawa Yuko Kyokai Activity contents
Own scholarship program None Exchange with other region None
number of times