AboutExchange Promotion Division Business Overview
- Exchange Promotion Division Business Overview
About Exchange Promotion Division
Exchange Promotion Division Business Overview
The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program (JET)
1.The Japan Exchange and Teaching Program (JET) The JET Program is conducted under the cooperation of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, and the Council of Lo...
Uchinanchu International Students Admission Program
2. Uchinanchu International Students Admission Program (Okinawa Emigrants’ Descendants and Asian Scholarship Program) This program selects distinguished overseas students of Okinawan descent and students from Asian countries and gives them the opport...
Exchange of students studying abroad
3. Exchange of students studying abroad ◆ Taiwanese scholarship students (Ministry of Education of Taiwan’s Admission Program) Okinawa has accepted Taiwanese international students since 1982. Reciprocating this, since 1992, Taiwan has accepted two i...
Certification of Uchina Goodwill Ambassador
4.Certification of Uchina Goodwill Ambassador During the middle of the Meiji era, migrants from Okinawa traveled afar including South America, North America, and Hawaii. Five generations of descendants, about 300,000 Uchinanchu, live overseas. In Aug...
The Uchina Junior Study Program
5. The Uchina Junior Study Program The Uchina Junior Study Program (formerly Junior Study Tour) invites students of Okinawan descent to Okinawa Prefecture to learn about the history and culture of Okinawa while staying with young Okinawan people of t...
Kaiho Yoshu Network Building Program
6. Kaiho Yoshu Network Building Program This program promotes international understanding between Okinawa and Okinawan communities overseas. By sending young Okinawans on homestays with communities of Okinawan descent overseas (kenjinkai), the progra...
Asian Youth Human Resources Development Program in Okinawa (AYDPO)
7. Asian Youth Human Resources Development Program in Okinawa (AYDPO) This program invites outstanding high school students from Asian countries and other Japanese prefectures to Okinawa. Living and working together for 3 weeks with local high school...
Uchina Network Support Program
8. Uchina Network Support Program This program strengthens the networks of prefectural exchange projects conducted previously, and strengthens the network of overseas alumnus (OBs and OGs), and after the projects are over, by following up with young ...
Okinawa International Cooperation Youth Reporters (OIC youth)
9. Okinawa International Cooperation Youth Reporters (OIC youth) This program sends high school students from Okinawa to developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region to encourage the next generation to have global viewpoints for future internation...
Multicultural Coexistence Promotion Research Program
10. Multicultural Coexistence Promotion Research Program The programs goal is to promote mutual understanding and a pleasant coexistence between Okinawans and foreign residents. It supports the independence of foreign residents living in Japan who fa...
Okinawa Soft Power Transmission Program
11. Okinawa Soft Power Transmission Program This program is to share information about Okinawa's natural environment, its unique culture and share the desire for peace as Okinawa's "soft power" evokes empathy among the people of the world, enhancing ...
Okinawa and Hyogo Friendship Camp
12. Okinawa and Hyogo Friendship Camp Okinawa Prefecture and Hyogo Prefecture have made a bond to begin a cultural exchange to deepen the understanding of and learn about the achievements of Okinawa's last governor during the Battle of Okinawa, Shima...
Utsukushima and Churashima Cultural Program
13. Utsukushima and Churashima Cultural Program This project is an exchange project with Fukushima Prefecture and is based on the "Utsukushima Churashima Exchange Declaration" concluded by Okinawa Prefecture and Fukushima Prefecture in 2003. "Snowman...