Call for Volunteers!
Event: Uchina Festival
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017 @ noon
Location: American Legion: 1165 River Road, Edgewater, N.J. 07020
Anyone is welcomed!
The festival is going to be a lot of fun. It will also unite our local community. At the festival we will have Okinawan food, Okinawan drinks, games for kids, Okinawan dance, taiko, sanshin, karate, and other activities.
A) Please choose from below your best Uchina dish and bring it to the event.
1. Rafute (pork rib)
2. Vegetable chanpuru (Goyah and leaf vegetable stir-fry)
3. Andansu Miso (Okinawan pork miso)
4. Nbusa (stew)
5. Rice (white rice, brown rice)
6. Kubu irichi (konbu stir-fry)
* Please contact us if you have any other ideas on Uchina dishes that would be good in obento.
* Each obento will be $10 for all the participants.
* The dishes below could be sold separately, not as a part of obento:
7. Sata andagi (Okinawan doughnut)
8. Yuca mochi (Peruvian mochi)
9. Okinawa soba
10. Pork and egg onigiri
11. Jushi (seasoned rice)
* Please contact us if you think of any other dishes that would be good for sale.
B) Drinks: Orion beer, awamori, soda, water, tea, coffee, etc.
C) Stage: Okinawan performances and other cultural performances
D) Games for kids: We welcome any Okinawan traditional games
E) Others: Please contact us if you think of any other ideas.
20. Check-in counter
21. Volunteers in charge of Making food, and putting food into obento box (a few people)
22. Volunteers in charge of drinks
23. Decoration of the venue
24. Volunteers in charge of kids' games
25. Volunteers in charge of sound and lighting at the venue, etc.
Let us know if you think of anything else.
This is going to be the last Uchina Festival.
Let's deepen our understanding of the unique Uchina culture and have a great time in it.
This event will also be a fund raising opportunity for our organization.
Let's come together and make it into a great success!
Contact us: email@example.com
World Uchinanchu Day Video and Picture Story
A video and picture story created by storyteller Sadoyan has been completed for World Uchinanchu Day!Cute characters will introduce you to the World Uchina Network.World Uchinanchu Day picture story HERE!World Uchinanchu Day video (with English subti...Read article
2018 Kaiho Yoshu Network Building Program in California
From August 11 to 20, 10 students from Okinawa flew to California to homestay with members of the Okinawa Association of America (OAA) as part of the 2018 Kaiho Yoshu Network Building Program, organized by Okinawa Prefecture’s International Exchange ...Read article
Here is a message by Governor Denny Tamaki celebrating October 30's World Uchinanchu Day!Let's all celebrate this year as well!CLICK HERE!...Read article